The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

And Everything Else In Between

Good: UFC 2009 Undisputed Gameplay Videos

By: Kieran Kirk
UFC fans have been anticipating a video game for quite a while(Sudden Impact doesn't count because it sucks). While I want a UFC game, I haven't been completely convinced a fighting system with so many different moves and with so much complexity can be translated to a video game without it seeming like the sport has been dumbed down. Despite my skepticism, UFC 2009 Undisputed will be releasing on May 29 and the one thing I do know is that the game is going to be a big hit. To help hold over the fans, THQ has released a few new videos displaying the combat system and how both stand up fighting and ground fighting work. After watching the videos I will say they did a good job of assuring me that the developers are doing a good job with the fighting system although I'll save my judgement until the game's in my hands. Let's call it cautiously optimistic. Hit the jump if you want to see the videos and feel free to comment on what you think.


Stand Up Walkthrough



Stand Up Gameplay


Ground Fighting Walkthrough


Ground Fighting Gameplay



2 comments:

Greg Daro said...

I'm sold.

MKG said...

Nah, combat looks stiff and mechanical, not the amazing physics and hit detection they were promising, it's gonna play like smackdown vs raw with UFC animations. Not to say that won't be fun, but it's no fight night.

Also Check Out

Blog Archive

What Were Playing