The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

And Everything Else In Between

Funny: NLF Punter Considers Changing His Name to "World of Warcraft"


As someone who has just broken the icy grip that Blizzard has had on my account for the last 2 years (that's right, I started playing WoW again, so that's why you haven't seen me post lately), this story hits near and dear to my heart.

Viking's Punter Chris Kluwe is a pretty huge gamer, and he's not ashamed to admit it. On his radio show, Minnesota's 93X, he says "I think more people like to hear me talk about playing video games than football". And when Kluwe heard that Bengal's receiver Chad Johnson changed his name to Ocho Cinco, he was quoted saying....

"I told the guys at 93X that I was going to change my name to Chris 'World of Warcraft,' " Kluwe said. "They said that's too long. So they started calling me Chris 'Warcraft.' I could make a lot of money if I changed my name to that."

When I say this man's a gamer, I mean that he's a gamer. Imagine how obsessed you'd probably be with football if you played it professionally. Now imagine how hard you'd have to overcome that obsession to focus on gaming. Now imagine you'd change your name after your favorite game character.

See what I'm getting at - that shit's dedication.

When asked about how much time he spends gaming, Kluwe responded...

"I've played video games since I was 4 years old. I play them a lot more than I kick a football. I kick the ball about 45 minutes a day. I play video games about five or six hours a day. But that's OK. I don't watch TV."

Now I'm not sure if he's kidding, but considering that he is not only a gamer, but also a professional football player, the chances that he'd do something this stupid are exponentially higher. And, if you watch the video, notice his "Original Ganksta" t-shirt. Any of my Rogue brethren will understand that this guy means business when it comes to his World of Warcraft.

Either way, it's funny just to consider it.

via Star Tribune

1 comments:

AJ said...

Woah, is that guy for real? That is dedication. I think i want to change my name to "solid snake" or "Marcus Fenix"

Also Check Out

Blog Archive

What Were Playing